If you are registered with our GP surgery, you can access some health services online. This means you can do some tasks when it is better for you and avoid telephoning the practice.
You can do things like:
- Order repeat prescriptions
- See parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- See communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals
- Book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- Send us a query or request a sick note
Contact us online
If you need help with a non-urgent medical or admin request, you can now contact us online.
Adults 18yrs+ only. This service is not appropriate for children under the age of 18yrs.
Please do not submit a request to simply book an appointment with the GP or nurse. Please tell us your current concerns and we can arrange further appointments or tests as required.
You can find out more about the NHS App, how to download it and get support here (https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-app/).
You’ll need to provide extra proof of who you are to get full access to your NHS account.
Once you have full access, you can:
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to
- book and cancel appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments
- receive messages – receive messages from your surgery in your app instead of by text (you must turn on notifications in the app)
- view your hospital appointments – view referrals and appointments and get details directly to your phone (not all hospitals are available, but more are being added)
- view your health record – securely access your GP health record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning
- view your NHS number – find out what your NHS number is
If you’re a patient at our practice you can use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
Your NHS Login
Your NHS account allows you to access your services through the NHS App or website.
To have an NHS account, you must be aged 13 or over and registered with an NHS GP surgery in England or the Isle of Man.
You can find out more about how to set up your NHS login, you can visit the NHS website: How to set up NHS login
You may find it easier to have an app on your phone to access your account but you don’t have to. If you prefer, you can access your NHS account online: Log in – NHS App Online (service.nhs.uk)
Online services allow you to:
- book, check or cancel appointments with a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- see communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals
How to register for Online Services
If you have not used our online services before you will need to:
- Contact the surgery by phone or in person
- Verify your identity
- Secure a username and password
- Enter Patient Access and enter your registration details exactly as shown on the form.
- After registering, log on with your username and password.
Other useful smartphone apps
My Smoke Free Life App provides a weekly programme of support, the option of speaking to a Stop Smoking Advisor, along with receiving stop smoking treatments direct to your door.